1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Could use some help please, Western Unimount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by TK THE TRUCKER, Jan 12, 2007.

1. TK THE TRUCKER

TK THE TRUCKER Junior Member

Hello everyone !!! I'm having a hell of a time figuring out what to do and what I need. My head is spinning and I can't think straight. I bought a newer truck and can't figure out what to do. I have a uni-mount plow from my old truck. I bought a uni-mount to ultramount adapter off ebay. So my plan was to put a ultramount frame and then wiring harness on my new truck and use the adapter to hook up to my old uni-mount and then sometime down the road get a ultramount. After making a few phone calls it seems confusing and expensive to get this done.

So now I just want to put a unimount frame with the wiring harness I need and just hook up to my existing plow since it's just for personal use anyway. My problem is I can't seem to figure out what I need. I looked at Western's website but I got confused, 12 pin, 12 pin white, 9 pin and so on, I'm lost. If you guys could please help me figure out what I need and the part numbers that would help me a ton.

I need to hook up a older uni-mount plow to my early 2004 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Crew Cab LB7 Duramax truck. This seems the easiest and cheapest way out. If anyone has any other ideas that would be awesome. Thanks for your help, T.K.

2. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but I dont think there was ever a uni-mount frame made for the 03-06 trucks. I looked for one for my 2005 but ran into the same problems. Outside of fabricating a mount I think you SOL. If i'm wrong i'm sure somebody will chime in here

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The issue with the mount wouldn't be the big problem since you already have the Ultra to Uni conversion bracket you can just buy an Ultramount style mount and then attach the unimount plow right up. The biggest problem is the wiring, as Western never made a Uni mount wiring harness that would be compatible with your '04 model truck, so your not going to find a unimount style harness that's going to be "plug and play" so to speak.

4. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

I am going through the same thing. Just bought an 03 Ford f250 crew, and was gonna put my unimount on it. Talked with several people, and found what I need. Maybe try these guys..... http://www.plow-parts.com/

Ask for DJ. He was very helpful, and can find about anything you need

5. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

I just did mine. I have the ultra mount truck brackets with the unimount conversion piece. You can order the headlight wiring as either a isolation module (which will give you 2 plugs ) or the relay harness which will give you one plug. Western says they will have a isolation module conversion ready soon so it all should work fine.

uni-ultra conv07 (Custom).jpg

6. TK THE TRUCKER

TK THE TRUCKER Junior Member

Thanks for your help everyone. I haven't made much progress, my truck is still plowless. I'm begining to think it would just be eaisier to sell my plow, mount and joystick control and take that money and chip in some of my tax return and get a newer ultramount. The plow I got now could use a little reconditioning and is fairly old for a unimoint. I'll see what I come up with in a couple weeks. thanks, T.K.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Did you see this setup listed in the used equipment section? http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=42137