1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Could use some advice and appraisal, Meyer Diamond 8'

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by erw232, Nov 2, 2011.

1. erw232

erw232 Junior Member

Hi guys -

Really great resource you have going here. I have been reading forums for awhile to try to glean information but now need to ask a question regarding our truck and plow choice.

So you know I'm not completely stupid (now watch me put my foot in my mouth) I have plowed one full season on a farm, mainly doing the farm roads and residential driveways for all our staff living on farm. Our equipment was an 8' Fisher MM2 on a 2001 Dodge 2500 4x4, a 6.5' Meyer (don't remember any more details) on a 2004 Jeep Wrangler 4x4, and a Fisher plastic bodied 8' spreader on an old 91 GMC 2500.

While I was working there I would sometimes make it over to my Mom's house to do her driveway too; now she is convinced we need our own since I'm not working on the farm. I found for the family a 2000 Dodge 2500 4x4 (almost the same truck I was using) and now have found a Meyer 8' Diamond Ez-mount plow nearby for 1800. I asked for the part number off the moldboard and was given Model 8 Part # 84051. It seems to check out though meyer doesn't link me to any installation archives. Seller posted pictures but I don't know if I can post them here without his permission; paint looks good and he says the thing is 4 years old and the mounting frame will fit 94-02 2500s. It came off a 94. Harness and everything else included. I have a mechanic at the farm who is willing to do the install, I just want to make sure you all think this is a decent deal since I would have to walk onto this guy's property with 1800 cash (craigslist transaction and I can't seem to get him to budge on the cash thing).

Sorry for long post, TLDR: 8ft Meyer Diamond Plow w harness frame: 1800?

ps: I posted here because my thought is to do some other nearby driveways to recoup some of the loss; also my sister lives 15minutes away so my brother-in-law may use the plow truck and help with plowing neighbors' driveways. I understand I need insurance.