1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Could this western work?

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by cjshloman, Dec 17, 2011.

1. cjshloman

cjshloman Senior Member

I have a chance to pick up a complete western elec/hydro setup that was originally on a chevy(73-91) mounts, 7.5', pump frame lights wiring and controller for $400. I know the mounts will need fabbing, but if I do fab them, I should just be able to wire it and use it? It will be going on a '98 wrangler. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a friend that is a great welder fabricator so the mount wont be too bad.....price wise at least...lol. but any tips would help. I just cant get the $$ to buy a set up for a tj right now. Here are a few pics of the plow. thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

that looks like a 8' plow
    can you make it work yes, I think it will be too heavy for your jeep frame
    you will need to up your front springs and ad a lot of counter weight

3. cjshloman

cjshloman Senior Member

This one might be the better way to go....fisher, all included for $500obo. prob do this set up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. MLG

MLG Senior Member
    from WI

I was going to say the same thing; it looks like a 8ft plow. Plus, it looks like a Western Pro Plow which is heavier duty than the typical plow. It would be heavy even on a 1/2 ton. I think it'll be really heavy on your Jeep. My brother has one just like it on his 1/2 ton and it pulls it right down w/o air shocks up front. Not a bad deal though.

You could always buy it and then keep your eye out for a Western blade only for sale which you can usuall buy for around $200-$300 and put a lighter duty one on the same mount.

5. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

This is a lighter plow (only 2 trip springs) However being a speedcaster the the entire head gear (plow lights,pump, lifting ram all that **** stays on the jeep just the plow and aframe comes off.

6. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member