1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Could this be the day michigan guys?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Black Ice Guru, Feb 14, 2001.

1. Black Ice Guru

Black Ice Guru Junior Member

Boy i sure hope we get at least a inch and a half tonight the old lady is starting to give me funny looks.hehehe

2. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas Senior Member

looks like it's gonna mainly be rain - tommorrow it's gonna be back up near 40. I think we may have seen the last of the snow for this year.

3. ADMServices

ADMServices Member

I second that Jason. We MIGHT get another event this year, but its not looking too good. Better start getting a jump on summer services.

Andy

4. Kraco_1

Kraco_1 Member

I'm 3.5 hours north of you guys and it's not looking much better here either. There still saying chance of snow but thats the old stand by just cover there butts. But we've had snow as late as May here, so I guess there's still a chance. Sure hope it's not over yet....Kraco_1

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I hate to be pessimistic, but I really don't think we'll get it todaytonight. It would be nice to plow again instead of just salting, although the salting is a nice way to make money in a hurry.

You guys in Detroit area might be done, but up here we always get at least one heavy one in March or beginning of April.

6. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

sorry guys, I took the snow, 6" forcasted for today.

city crew still working on snowbanks removal since monday last week.

7. Mark Oomkes

Denis, between you and JAA you guys are really hoarding all the snow. You could share a little bit. lol

8. Jason Pallas

I'd sure like to get another push or two in - to help balance some late season repairs. But, if we got an early jump on spring, I'd be Ok with doing some spring clean-ups and maintenance on equipment.

9. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Hey Guys it is only the middle of Feb. Don't give up hope. We often get those late March storms here in Southern New England. Some of these have become major snowfalls.

10. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

its snowing here in muskegon I heard 2-3 inces of snow by midnight they said from about allegan north south 1-2. I remember many years the first 15 days of March being bad. usually plow more in March than Feb. Hey any sites that i could find season snowfall for a particular city?

11. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

12. Wilburn Parks

Wilburn Parks PlowSite.com Veteran

You guys from the Detroit area where do you buy your bulk salt? I live north of Detroit so the farest I would like to go is Mains(8 and Telegraph) I have a place in Troy to buy but they open when they want. Just looking for backup places to buy bulk salt.

13. ADMServices

ADMServices Member

Wilburn Parks,

Are you looking for a supply yard to fit into your route, or are you looking for someone to deliver?

Orion Stone Depot, Orion TWP. Deliver/pickup 248 391 2490
    Bed Rock Salt, Ortonville and Waterford 248 627 3240
    Bushel Center of Hollow trucking 734 482 7263
    or you can try the salt co's
    IMC salt
    Morton
    Cargill

Those are just off the top of my head..I know there are more. Are you a member of the MDLA, there are always ads in there monthly publication "landsculptor" http://www.landscape.org

Hope this helps some,
    Andy

14. Black Ice Guru

Black Ice Guru Junior Member

boy the snow stalled out on me again you guys were right.

15. ADMServices

ADMServices Member

wow, there was another accurate guess by the local weather "guessers"

oh, well sleeping a whole night through is over rated.

andy

16. Mark Oomkes

Not even enough to do a full salting, just touch up some icy areas.

17. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

We got a decent amount that fell yesterday but the ground was warm for the first couple hrs and most melted (of course didnt plow)

18. Jason Pallas

It's over - break out the walkbehinds and start the cleaning. It'll never snow again. I spent last week putting together my two big preseason parts orders for landscaping.
    Hey when are all the open houses - I think Commercial Mower has one comming up around the end of February - anyone know for sure?

19. ADMServices

ADMServices Member

not sure when commercial LM open house is either.

Was just a LESCO yesterday and there open house is Mid March 14,15and16th.

The MLDA trade show is also coming up the first week of March.

Andy

20. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Hey take it over the the lawn care forum.LOL
    We dont want that green talk over here, this is an all white forum.
    Dino