1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

could plow be bent?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by MIwinter, Dec 24, 2008.

1. MIwinter

MIwinter Member

I noticed my lights are pointing down alot further than normal had to drive with high beams on and barely had enough light to see as they were pointing so far down. I readjusted them and they were tight. I used to be able to see the top of my plow when sitting in drivers seat with it all the way up and I cant anymore. Seems everything has tiltled forward??? I looked in the dark just now all bolts and brackets seemed to be straight with no noticable breaks or bends? Any suggestions on what happened?

its a 91 dodge ramcharger with a 7'6" old cable style western
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

it sound's like either some bolts on the mount kit are broken or gone ,or the mount is breaking .:salute:
  3. MIwinter

MIwinter Member

screw it. im getting the flashlight and going to look closer
  4. MIwinter

MIwinter Member

COLD & windy but all bolts are tight didnt see any cracks/fractures or bends???
  5. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

did the temps just change? ur tires could of gotten softer if it just warmd up. Also did u check ur shocks or spring? did u take any weight out of the back?
  6. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

Better take a look at the mounts again. And if worse comes to worse..... take a look at your frame too. On some plow mounts where the bolt holes are at, there is a little bit of play in between the bolts, You might be able to loosen the bolts a bit and adjust the frame and then tighten the bolts up again. Hope all works well for you. Good luck.
  7. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

drop the plow and take the lift chain off. stand in front and push the head gear back toward the hood. does the mount move around? put a jack under the a frame on one side and jack it up. thats the best way to check it all.
  8. MIwinter

MIwinter Member

no movement, it looks as though the A-frame is hitting the plow mount when all the way in the up position??? Any suggestions? I will make video and put on you tube and link from here tomorrow..