1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

could it get any worse?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DareDog, Mar 24, 2010.

1. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

Yep! 2008 best march ever! 2009 1" 2010 0" so far

:eek:

2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

Sorry about your luck. I'm starting my mowing season next week.

3. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

its supose to be a low of 12 tonight! gotta love NY!!!

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I like it so far.

5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Seasonal Contracts can be a wonderful thing at times. You need a combination per-push and contracts.
    Zero plows here so far this March & it is by far my most profitable month of the season. Hope it stays like this until Feb. 2011 LOL.

6. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Me too... I'm good with it. :D

7. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

Just got 4 inches thursday night into friday morning. everything was off so we had to load up 4 v boxes and 2 plows at 1:30 a.m. had it done and out by 2:30. got rid of 40 tons so now i have about left. march was terrible until the other night.

8. bluejlandscaper

bluejlandscaper Member

This is going to be the second year when we did not plow in March. I have been in the plowing business for 40 years and this is the first time that this has happened. We usually do 3 or 4 plowing in March but not this year or last year.Our snowfall count at the Buffalo Airport is about 20'' below normal for the area.

9. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

They say 75 degrees up here toward the end of the week.

10. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

It was an average winter around here. We had a heavy December, slow January, medium February, and only a salt trip so far for March. I am starting to do spring cleanups tomorrow.