1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

could i

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by rick4wd, Nov 12, 2009.

1. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

could use a homesteder for a dozen driveways:help:

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

How big are the driveways? I wouldn't recomend using a Homesteader, but if that's all you have for a plow you could probably do it if the driveways arn't very big IMO.

3. caddytruck89

caddytruck89 Senior Member

Sure you could. What would be the difference between doing 12 drives, or doing yours 12 times?? Really? Alot of professionals say that you've got to have a huge truck and huge plow. The plow is really not the question. It your vehicle capable? Transmission, rearend, cooling system. Thats the real question. Just keep in mind that you have a light duty plow and you will be fine.

4. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

thay are all small biggest one is mine 65' it cam on truck is a 03 tundra v-8

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  5. mercer_me

Do allready own a Homesteader or are you planing on buing one? You should put a 7.5' Fisher HT http://www.fisherplows.com/modeldetail.asp?model=ht on it if you don't allready have a Homesteader IMO. They are designed for 1/2 ton trucks and they say that they are a comercial grade plow.

6. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

plow came with truck

7. mercer_me

In that case just use your Homesteader, it should work out fine IMO.

8. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

what would a snow defecter cost for it

9. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

If your only doing driveways you shouldn't need one. Unless you just want one for the looks.

10. wdcs1

wdcs1 Member

friend of mine has same set up on a 03 s-10 does a few driveways and 1 commercial lot. Wishes he never took on the commercial job takes him 2 1/2 hrs to clear. I clear similer lots in 30 minutes. Says it works just fine on the residential drives.

11. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

could i mod myers trip springs to it

12. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

if you have 12 drives per storm then you are doing 11 times the work then just doing your own driveway once per storm....thats the difference.... commercial grade plows are to make money..... homeowner plows are for your own drives...not 11 additional

13. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

thats what i got this year want better one next year

14. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Hell you could use a spoon, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Seriously, homeowner plows are designed for just that, doing your own driveway. There is a big difference in doing your drive 12 times vs. doing your 12 customer driveways 12 times. If you want to commercially plow 12 drives I would recommend selling the homesteader and getting something a little larger to do the work you are looking to do.

15. wdcs1

wdcs1 Member

Ha Ha HA. Really like the honesty

16. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

i its not easy to find one for less then 40000 and just paid 12000 for truck not made of money. need to make some.

17. rick4wd

rick4wd Senior Member

think about a snowaway 22 seirs or a boss sport duty next season