1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

could i still plow if i.....

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by k-20 work horse, Nov 26, 2007.

1. k-20 work horse

k-20 work horse Member

If i put 6 inches of lift on my truck with stock tires could i still plow? My truck is an 84 chevy K-20 I want the lift because i just aqquired 4 36 inche millitary runflats on beadlock rims. i would have the stock wheels and tires on for the plowing season but id like to be able to just switch out tires to the bigger ones come summer, and id like some more height on the truck also.
  2. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

As long as you keep the height of the plow mount as close to stock as possible.If you know the spec's on what your plow mount height is try to keep it as close as you can.
  3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

You could, but would probably have to do some modification the the plow mount to compensate for the height. You want to keep the a-frame as close to level as possible. Be aware though that the lift will change the driveline angles too. Definatly put some good super duty u-joints in as well. Dont wanna be busting a u-joint or the ear off of the yoke pushing a big pile!!
  4. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

all the work of moding the frame and then having to take it off to go do any real off roading fun its not worth it to me. and not being able to see the plow even all the way up sucks.

i my self have pondered the idea of removing my 4" lift kit.
  6. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

just jack it up with a body lift and then NO problems heck you may not even need plow lights LOL

P.S. what are you gonna do when the 36" tires are bald?