1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Could be getting a big one for CT

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CrazyPlower, Dec 1, 2005.

1. CrazyPlower

CrazyPlower Member
    from CT

Okay they are saying some light snow on sunday but then a possible good storm which they are saying will start out as snow change to sleet rain back to snow i dont know if i should believe it or not. I havent been out plowing yet. All i have been doing is sanding. I hope I can make some extra money for the holidays. Im hurting for money. Let me know if anyone else is so I dont have to be the only one. If any guys are looking for a shoveler or driver in Southeastern CT get back to me and I am gladly interested.

2. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 Member

Where did you go to get the info on the "alleged" storm?

3. go plow

go plow Senior Member

hi guys, im in Winsted ct. i just heard the same thing on channel 3 news.. they said that monday night into tuesday we will get a plowable snow storm............. and yes im hurting for money, im still waiting for the fall cleanup money to come in.. dont you hate how people think, they think that because the lawn isnt going to grow till the spring they can be late with the payment, it also happens every april with my plowing clients!!!!! any one else run into this???? good luck guys!!! now lets make some MONEY!!!!!!!!!!

4. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

We got lucky enough to plow on thanksgiving here. I too heard about the stormy pattern coming up..Sunday maybe a sand run? as long as its after the Giants game :D The storm early next week could be a big one but the computers are still all over the place.

5. go plow

go plow Senior Member

i thinks its so cool, that there is so many people from ct. using this site its great, and if any of you live near , and need a hand, feel free to contact me !!!!!!i would be glad to help out when i can

6. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

were are you. just got a 8ft trip edge boss need SNOW NOW. well lets see what we get early next week
    hope its all snow for xmas but we need it to get colder.

7. SnowUnlimited

SnowUnlimited Junior Member

I'm on Long Island and they have started talking about the storm here now as well Sat-Tues snow-sleet-rain-sleet-snow.Just have to wait and see what happens.Be safe and plow it back before it melts.
    Good luck guys

8. korelandscaping

korelandscaping Member
    from CT

I haven't billed for any fall clean ups and October cuts either. I'm sure I'll be waiting until mid Jan. for payment? I feel your pain...These dam fall clean ups are killing me. I still have about 8 left and I don't foresee finishing them by Sunday. That's what spring clean up's are for! I heard a rumor around town that we should have a plowable event. I guess Saturday will be the day the leaf box comes off and the sanders go on. I'm still waiting for my new X-blade to come in...

9. Scottish Lscape

Scottish Lscape Member

We plowed on Thanksgiving as well. I could wait till Christmas myself, sorry guys! I still have 31 Fall Clean-ups yet to do. Got 4 1/2 done today before darkness set in. Go Big Blue on Sunday.

10. KHB

KHB Member

It would be nice if we got a big storm. On ThanksGiving none of my accounts wanted to be plowed out :cry:

11. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

We should wrap up leaf and extra work saturday. I really do not perfer snow. 75% of my contracts are set , snow or no snow, so for this reason I really do not like snow. I have not taken a new job in years, just same old accounts and also been down sizing. If any of you guys are looking for snow work let me know. I refuse a lot of work and can set you up with a ton of work if you would like or just refer you. Though little to late this year, but some times jobs pop up now. I also, hear we will be getting alot of snow this year according to some news stations. Similiar to the 95 -96 year. I tell you that season was way to long and everyone just got tired of the word snow. I did not get many days off that season.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2005
  12. yankees1

yankees1 Junior Member

My new 8' meyer ez mount plus is waiting for snow here in norwalk. I need snow bad. The wife is screaming at me because I bought the new plow. Anyone looking for help email me mfy05@hotmail.com or call 203-667-9694

'

13. pools&plowingct

pools&plowingct Member

i want some plowable snow real bad, and i want crazy amounts of snow this yr. i need the money, wow there are alot of guys from ct its pretty cool even though most of you guys are landscapers

14. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

Well it's comin down pretty good for us over here in Cleveland. Got about 1" so far and it started only about 2 hours ago. They're saying 6-10" by Saturday morning. Better say some prayers.

15. CrazyPlower

CrazyPlower Member
    from CT

Its looking good for this storm. All the news stations are saying snow. They are saying it will be a plowable one

16. They even said here in NJ/NY it's going to be "plowable" for Sunday-Monday. First time I ever heard the weatherman use that term.

:waving: Count Me In!!!! :nod:

17. Allagash

Allagash Senior Member

According to the local forecast, theres merely a chance of snow here in RI with highs in the high thirties / low forties thrrough Tuesday.

I doesn't look good for us here.

18. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Im hearing some forecasters talking possibly over a foot but the computer models are still all over the place.

19. go plow

go plow Senior Member

WHATS WRONG WITH LANDSCAPERS???
    WERE ARE THE ONES THAT MAKE YOUR POOLS LOOK GOOD AFTER YOU LEAVE ! !!!!!!!!!!!!

20. pools&plowingct

pools&plowingct Member

actually theres nothin wrong with landscapers i was joking. yea you make it look nice and you put flowering plants next to a pool so they blow in and create a mess hahhaa. i was jsut surprised there isn't more pool guys as it also is a seasonal job