1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Could bad Change Over Module cause DRL Module to fail?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by fls, Feb 5, 2011.

1. fls

fls Junior Member
    from Ohio

I have night saber lights on a 2004 gmc. The low beams quit working the other night while plowing. Could not get the plow or truck low beams to work. Checked truck fuses for left and right lows and both were blown. Replaced those and noticed smoke coming from the drl module when I switched to plow lights. Did a continuity check on the change over module as per Meyer instructions. Passenger side low beams terminals are not switching over, so I figure I have a bad module. Funny thing is, with the fuse on the power supply wire to the drl module removed, it still smoked when plow lights were turned on. My question is, could the bad change over module have blown the drl module or do I have a seperate issue to find out why my drl module caught fire?