1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Could an RC50 Handle an 8' KAGE?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by turfquip, Feb 8, 2011.

1. turfquip

turfquip PlowSite.com Veteran

:salute:

Im exploring my options for next year.

2. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

How many hp

3. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

If you don't know maybe you shouldn't offer advice. 50hp hence the 50 in the model number. Yes it will push an 8 footer

4. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

i have an LS 190 but don't have 190 HP ......the guy was just trying to help

5. loaderplower93

loaderplower93 Member

I wanna say the video on the Kage website is with an RC50...could be a slightly larger model but I think so. They have a rep on here who is great with questions check out Kristin Stephan if you have any other questions.

6. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Ya well you have a New Holland, the OP has an ASV 50

Maybe I was harsh

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011
  7. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Xtreeem your are an *******
    I run new holland and li,e stated 185 is no hp just a model number I would go with the 8 footer I have the 9 foot on mine and love it but I guess I should not offer advice

8. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I did not say **** I said AzZ HOLE

9. Kristin Stephan

Kristin Stephan Sponsor

Yes your machine could handle an 8' Kage system:)

10. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

We run the same setup just different manufacturer on our RC50 and yes, it is the perfect attachment and size for that machine.

11. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

The Kage video has an SR80 pushing a Kage System.

I have a PT60 with an 8ftkage system, and it handles it just fine. If I still had my RC50, I would run an 8ft Kage on it as well with out hesitation.

In fact, my 8ft Kage replaced an 8ft Arctic Sectional and my 60 operator is extremely happy with my purchase of the Kage.

J.

12. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

Especially if you are plowing with the storm, you will be fine. Eight inches of wet snow is another story. I had a blizzard 810 on an rc 60 and it worked fine.

13. xtreem3d

HUH ? i don't follow

14. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Dude I'm sorry it was not for u it was for Nicholas then I saw he Sid hw was harsh
    I was out shoveling roofs all day yesterday reallt haven't stopped plowing moving snow and finally clearing flat roofs for 1 month so I'm wrong again accept my sorry

15. xtreem3d

no problem..get some rest :)