1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cotech 8-14 for Wheel Loaders and Utility Tractors

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by rdl, Aug 15, 2012.

1. rdl

rdl Member
    from Quebec

Hi Everyone,

here is our 8-14 open top plow on a Cat908 and closed top on a Case 580. They go direct to loader and have ten heavy duty compression springs on 4 sections of the plow for the trip mechanism. They let you make fewer passes, adjust the width on the fly and drive from one parking lot to another closed in at 8 feet. They leave the lot cleaner and the driver safer.

Let me know if you have any questions or the name of an authorized dealer near you

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cotech/sets/72157629501805017/

www.cotech.ca

Sincerely
    Mike

P10155633.jpg

P1014.jpg

2. m_falafel

m_falafel Member

What you suit best a JD 5425 if I want a blade with hydraulic wings, subframe mounted?

I'm in Qc btw.

3. rdl

rdl Member
    from Quebec

Hi

take a look at this link, the plow itself is 36'' high and with a wheelbase of 86'' you are probably looking at a 8 foot wide frame with an additional 6 feet with the wings fully opened. You have the option of a hydraulic angle and lateral float, or just the blade on the sub frame. If you are angling the plow you might consider a 9 foot frame as well. If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cotech/6831041765/in/photostream

4. m_falafel

m_falafel Member

What would be the total weight of the set up seen it the vid (subframe + blade with wings)?

What should I expect to pay in one of your distributors here in Qc?

5. rdl

rdl Member
    from Quebec

The total weight would be about 3193 lbs. I forgot that in Quebec we need to go with 84'' frame to keep the total width within the legal limit. In terms of pricing, a plow like that can have a wide range depending on the options (remote, 12 volt selector valve) and labour charges for the installation.

6. m_falafel

m_falafel Member

I don't the the 5425 would able to take that much weight... Well that's what my JD dealer told me. They said it should not be heavier than 2000 lbs. Is that realistic or are they just bs'ing?

7. rdl

rdl Member
    from Quebec