1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Costs?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by woodsters, Nov 12, 2003.

1. woodsters

woodsters Junior Member

What would a complete setup cost, both new and used? I have a Jeep Wrangler and if I wanted to get a plow put on it, what kind of price range are we looking at?

Also any other alternatives to a big expensive plow set up for a homeowner, using the jeep that is.?

2. jpl

jpl Member
    from ct.

Woodsters,

a Blizzard 680lt would be $3,200 installed. Depending on what year jeep you may not need a light harness.

3. cjc810

cjc810 Member
    from RI

I just installed a 680lt on a 1997 jeep wrangler and it handled the Blizzard just fine. The plow is just right for the vehicle. The person is giong to plow his dealer lot with it. He is right about $3200 installed. Only about 350 pounds on the frontend. Take a look at on pretty rugged for a small blade.

4. woodsters

woodsters Junior Member

Thanks, wow that is higher than I expected. I'm just looking to plow my own place. Might need to look for other alternatives...

Thanks

5. szorno

szorno Senior Member

used can work OK, but you either have to buy if from a Wrangler, or include in your calculations the cost of the proper bracket. Example- guy has 6.5 ft Western on a toyota pickup for sale at $1500. That is a pretty good deal until you think that a new Western unimount bracket for Wrangler is in the $400 neighborhood. Now your cost is $1900 plus installation. Most dealers charge $300 to $350 to install. Now your price is $2200. makes the $3200 for a new plow look a little better.:cool:

6. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

A snow-thrower will set u back $250 to $1200... and it gets cold walking behind it and the snow blowing back in your face :eek: I luv my plow being on my truck :D and it so WARM inside too :drinkup:

7. woodsters

woodsters Junior Member

Yeah, kind of a big area to try and use a snowblower/thrower. I found this one plow blade for just a little more than $1000 but it doesn't have the auto lift on it. You have to get out and raise it up and down manually. Locks in place with pins. I need to get my father to have his mechanic weld me one that will fit in a 2" hitch receiver that sits on some wheels or rollers of some sort...lol

8. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

Check on E-bay. There are a huge number of used plows out east. You could probably buy one that will bolt directly on your Jeep.

Good luck and welcome to Plowsite,
    Mark K

9. truck1500

truck1500 Member

you could accually put the brackets on your self they are pretty easy to install i installed wire harness and the bracket in a half day i cost me $2800 i have a blizzard 760LD

10. meyer&western

meyer&western Junior Member
    from 45308

plow

hey you can find a used meyer set for around 400.00 and like above they a simple to put on if you dont have to fab a lot of stuff good luck and think of snow:waving: