1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Costly repairs from winter

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by FISHERBOY, Apr 24, 2008.

FISHERBOY Senior Member

Has anyone else had some costly repair from the winter? me i had about 1,200.00 :eek:of work in my dump a few brake lines, seals, rotors, etc, but well worth now versus during the winter, pickup truck is next.
  2. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Ive had over $1500 of work done in my daily driver in the past couple months. I cant imagine how much I would be spending if I had plowed this truck last winter.

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

ABOUT 20.000 THIS YEAR :realmad:
  4. yard5864

yard5864 Senior Member

Installing a new motor now... Im in for about $5k this year.:cry:
  5. salopez

salopez Senior Member

nothing on the chevy
    5k on the ford
    5k on the international
    0 on bobcats and loader
  6. allarservices

allarservices Junior Member

Purchased my first loader this season. $15,000.00 purchase price. Three plowings later, $25,000.00 to rebuild the trany. Oops, used equipment isn't always the way to go i guess.
  7. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

1999 Chevy about $ 2500
    1997 Van about $ 2500, just to get it up to par ( bought for sidewalks)
    2002 about $ 400, trans lines rotted
    2004 about $ 400, trans lines rotted, body repar bill from careless driver about $ 1000 to fix dings, dents & scratches down to metal.
    2005 rear reverse light lens.
    Salter Chain, $ 275

Only one I'm upset over is the 2004, truck went out had one small ding (dime size), minimal scratches in clear only, came back this spring with about a dozen dings (quater size) or better in hood, 3 or 4 scratches down into primer or metal, large dent in bedside behind passenger side door, trans 1/2 gallon low on fluid. I understand stuff happens, but people not respecting my stuff just bothers me. It could of been worse as the trans could of been smoked.
  8. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Thats one seriously expensive tranny! :D

Did a pair of batteries and an alternator, and a master cylinder on the '78. Total around $350.

Still have a leaking tank to replace, though. I've got spares though...

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

New tranny on 89 gmc 2,500$
  10. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

About 450 in tractor repairs, nothing on the truck YET. But I was under it yesterday for whatever reason, and I saw some tranny fluid comming off some cooling lines that went into the radiator up front. And some fluid was appearing around the bottom of the front differential. Its under warrenty and going into the dealer soon anyways.
  11. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

ive got $15.00 in a relayfor the plow and a couple of plow pins $5.00 for my 92 chevy
    $45.00 in salter chains and $40.00 in a coil for the salter
    $85.00 in new dump body hinges on the 92

made out like a bandit this year as far as repairs go. just that when they broke they broke at the most horrible of times to break. but i guess nothing breaks when its just sitting there right??payup
  12. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

$4500 on a new MVP plus that is it
  13. fordzilla1155

fordzilla1155 Senior Member

This is why you charge not only for what you do today, but what happens tomorrow....
  14. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

$0 on GM vehicals
    appx $15k on fords. rear end, engine, transfer case, turbo and tranny on 3 vehicals. cant wait till our whole fleet is GM and peterbuilt.
    $0 on petes
    regular maintenence on equipment. idk what it totals.
  15. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

While winter was going on my stuff was broke constantly or at the body shop due to an accident. :realmad:
    $2500 in body work
    $500 or so in motor stuff
    Now that winter is over, everything is perfect. :mad:

Future Trans- $2-3k
  16. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

Dodge 96 - rusted fuel return line on a cummis, ($15)
    Dodge 01 - Broken tierod end ($35.00) plus 100 for the tow

Western Parts so far this season = 1,000

and a spreader control , still to be replaced 350 estimated

sway bar mounts on the 01 dodge broken and sheared the bolts off, the plow took a hard hit and the frame attaches to those bolts, should be a cheap repair , just lots of my time to figure out how to get the old nuts that are welded to the inside of the frame out, and new ones in
  17. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Over 10k this year.
    Last year was 17k.
    Last edited: May 3, 2008
  18. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

Damn I had to buy a pack of fuses. my truck ate like 3 30 amp fuses. I had like 3 bucks in it.
  19. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

just a 4100$ plow that was used for 15 hours and 7"s of snow.......:realmad:
  20. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Wouldn't happen to have been a yellow one would it icey ;).