1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cost up again

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by clark lawn, Jan 30, 2009.

1. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

i just payed $167/ton for salt, last week is was $110/ ton. they told me that it will probably hit $200 by the end of the season.

2. GMD1984

GMD1984 Senior Member

Its been $125 a yard hear

3. terraventure

terraventure Member

$167/ton, that sucks! I am on the seacoast of NH and I am blessed with two salt depots. One is covered at $78/ton the other uncovered, can be very wet at $70.50/ton. I guess I have it good. After wednesdays ice storm the piles are disappearing very fast.

4. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

where was this at?

5. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

could you just have your broker sell you some from KS and call a trucking broker and maybe they can take some corn out to the feed lots and cut you a deal....how far are you from central KS? salt would be $40-50/ton and trucking could be $2/mile if they got a load going out....

6. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Make sure you ask what kind of trailer there using if you go this route.
    I got a load in last winter from Ohio and they used a belly dump, most farmers use these for hauling grain. It was snowing like hell of course ( when he showed up ), and the driver needed "hells half acre" to unload that damn truck.
    Needless to say every flake/granule that went in the bin was very wet, and that half acre burned off snow for the rest of the year.

7. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

Masonary Materials in Youngstown. the place i was getting it are out and dont know when they will be getting more. this stuff is coming from Brazil.

8. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

yep that's what they use to haul around here....we get most of it in the summer so it's no problem....the last 3 times they came it was good weather...of course we have farmers haul ours, they don't long haul in bad or cold weather....

9. kimber

kimber Senior Member
    from Ohio

Not sure where you are in N.E. Ohio, but my price picked up in Ashtabula is $98/ton picked up plus delivery.

Even if it was a $20 delivery, it would be cheaper than that.

Thanks
    Dave Bergen
    Kimber Contracting
    216-904-6538

10. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

They are learning the supply and demand game from OPEC. They gotta get while the getting good, old CCR Song