1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cost to repalce exhuast manifold in a 2000 f350

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Nolimit124, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Nolimit124

Nolimit124 Member

The exhuast manifold in this truck I was planning on buy is rusted through. Just wondering how much it would cost to repair it before I went out and bought it.

2. km1979

km1979 Junior Member
    from ohio

hard to tell, usually 2hr job of labor but seen 4 hr charges. You have to be carefully pulling the bolts out without cracking the head or it will cost you buying a new head. Make sure you get the revision bolts from ford.

3. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

Or the permanent solution is a set of BBK or Gibson headers. Stage 8 & ARP make bolts for this install. The Stage 8 bolts have locking clips. The best gasket BTW is a aluminum solid gasket. The p/n is the same as a 4.6 2v. modular motor, such as a Mustang making them widely available. Percy's makes them. Get a new unrestricted Y-pipe too, the factory one is a s^%$*y design w/ restrictions.

The cost, all and all, this side of a grand, better power and a permanent solution though. Parts only though, I did the work myself. I would estimate a GOOD tech could do this in a little more than 4 hours unless there are problems...

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  4. Nolimit124

Nolimit124 Member

ok thanks for the help

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Search the Internet for the parts. I bought mine for an 88 for $53 a piece with free shipping! Advance Wanted $90 for each one. Deals can be found if you do the work yourself.