1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cost to rent Pusher

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Theshoemaker, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

Anyone have any idea what a rental place would charge monthly to rent a 8 or 10ft box for a skid?? I called around today and they have to wait for winter rate pricing to come out. I don't expect a actual number, just a ballpark. I'm thinking if it's more than 300month, i will just buy one.

Thanks

2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i bet it is, i mean a rototiller cost 300 a month to rent, a snow push, i bet is more

3. Theshoemaker

That's what im thinking

4. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

rental on a 10' in my area is

250.00 per month, based on a 5 month commitment.

5. Theshoemaker

Thanks for the info.

6. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

at that rate you are better off buying it. two years it will be paid off and if you buy a decent model, should last you a long time (minus the shoes and rubber of coarse).

7. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

which one of the majors rent them?

8. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

i know pro-tech doesn't. probably none of them, most likely you would have to go to an equipment rental place, but im not sure if they would even stock them.

9. Theshoemaker

I got ahold of a local equipment rental place and they quoted me 200$ a month.

10. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

if it were me, i would still rather make those payments towards a purchase of a pusher instead of renting one. JMO