1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cost of toggle switch (B62038)

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by JB LoCo OH, Dec 22, 2013.

1. JB LoCo OH

JB LoCo OH Member

It's Sunday so I can't call any dealers to check prices.....does anyone know (approx.) what the toggle switch on the plow side of an 810 (part # B62038) runs? Finally working on getting my two plows melded into one. I'm just at the beginning so I'm sure this will be the start of a long line of questions....bear with me! :mechanic:

JB

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What toggle switch? The power hitch switch u mean

3. JB LoCo OH

JB LoCo OH Member

Yes. The switch located on the plow, left side, that activates the draw arm.

4. dieselss

Ummm. Look there was just a thread in this. But you can buy a boss switch as well.
    I did pick up a few online for about 15 each

5. JB LoCo OH

JB LoCo OH Member

Thanks, diesels.

6. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

I used 1 from carquest until I order 1 the fit was good and cost 5 bucks

7. JB LoCo OH

JB LoCo OH Member

So basically just a on-off-on?

8. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Yes it was a 3 terminal power in power out and ground

9. JB LoCo OH

JB LoCo OH Member

Thanks.

JB

10. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Guessing around $20, $25

11. dieselss

The connector is different then just a 6 pin switch

12. JB LoCo OH

JB LoCo OH Member

Going to pull it and look at the boss switch.

JB

13. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

That switch is an a class all of its own , I was quoted 56$ from one dealer and 86$ from another, if you try and remove it to look at it they fall apart,the DPDT switch isn't a common switch for anything, but it is available from other sources, its actually used in airplanes, so if you go search on a airplane parts supply store you can find it, its a sealed switch, I found one that works just fine the part number is T7-211E1, its just an otto switch, perfect fit , only difference I found was the QC blades were grey or zinc colored instead of brass, here is a link where I found mine, its in Canada , but you get the ideahttp://www.aircraftspruce.ca/catalog/elpages/t7toggleswitch.php

14. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

Yeah sorry about that , but it was actually the T7-231E1 you wanted - the part number in that link on their web page is 11-00760

15. GLS

GLS Senior Member

16. JB LoCo OH

JB LoCo OH Member

Thanks for the replies but what's the difference in wing operation between the MOM-OFF-MOM switch and the On-Off-On switch?

JB

17. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Wouldn't think anything.

18. dieselss

On off on. Are always on in the 2 positions. The mon switches ate spring loaded and return to the center when you let go

19. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

20. JB LoCo OH

JB LoCo OH Member

I guess my question was if you leave the wing activation switch activated, does it keep the cylinder under pressure (pumping?) With the On-Off-On left in the on position would it be detrimental to the cylinder? As opposed to the Mom-Off-Mom....or am I just making too much of this switch thing.

JB