1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cost of doing Business--Price List

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by FPM-Inc., Sep 26, 2006.

1. FPM-Inc.

FPM-Inc. Junior Member

Price fluctuations by region aside, I would find it very useful to have a general idea of what things cost for the snowplowing business which I am very new to. I am creating this thread so the most common costs of business will be available to myself and others in need of this information. Please label your answers to questions A-F for everyones easy viewing.:waving:

Thanks,
    Respectfully,
    Brad @
    FPM-Inc.

A. Trucks--Which size of truck is needed for what kind of job? What does it cost?

B. Plow what size of plow is needed for what job? What does it cost?

C. Insurance what types of insurance are needed? What does it cost?

D. Licensing what licenses are needed? What do they cost?

E. Other necessary equipment? What does it cost?

F. Advertising what works best? What does it cost?

Thanks again for your input every little bit helps!
    :salute:

2. Dakota2004

Dakota2004 Senior Member

A. 3/4 ton truck is what everyone suggest here for all plowing some say a 1/2 ton will do the trick if your gentle with it. Prices for brand new 30k+, used what ever you want to spend. Everyone here says to stay away from a used truck thats been plowed with it may be a major headache, and you might be fishing for problems.

B. Plow size for 3/4 ton can be an 8` to 8` 6''. Some of the guys here run bigger or they put wings on there plows for extra clearing. The size really depends on what your truck can handle on the front axle, and you may want to get a set up in according to what you plan on plowing large lots you may want a v plow, residential you'll be fine with a straight blade.

C. The Insurance will be commercial coverage, you'll be s$$t outa luck if you get into an accident and you don't have the correct insurance with the plow on. The best way to get the best price is to talk to your agent and you can maybe get a better deal if the truck is insured with the same company.

D. A drivers license would be a start!!! LOL

E. equipment that might be a good thing to have? Shovels, maybe a sander, snow blowers, workers to do your brunt work.

F. Advertising, word of mouth, the news paper with an ad, placing bids on contracts, talking to people.

Hopefully I helped alittle.

3. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Hope this can help ya out, and good luck !!