1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cost of a boss plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bigbear01, Feb 13, 2006.

1. bigbear01

bigbear01 Junior Member

When I get back from Iraq I'm getting a super duty, how much would a straight blade boss costs me? I will be starting out in the biz so what size would you guys recomend?
  2. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

My Boss 7'6" Standard was $3295 installed. I would say that the smallest I would go with a Ford Super Duty would be a 8' footer. I have the tow mirrors and it sucked trying to get close to anything and I was constantly running into my windrows of snow. I added the Boss plow wings and they are great. Just my 0.02. :)
  3. G-LSCPE

G-LSCPE Junior Member

If you are going to do some serious plowing I would recommend a V-Blade, or the straight blade with wings. A straight blade is great for single passes and back dragging, but nothing comapres to a V in open lots. As far as price... I believe straights are going for around $3,400.00 installed. Plus a couple of hundred for wings. I paid $4,100 for my 9'2" V, and $3,950.00 for my 2 8'2" V's installed.
  4. Just bought super duty 8' $2900 Etruck equipment on Ebay
  5. bigbear01

bigbear01 Junior Member

How do those 8'2'' v-plows work? I don't want anything huge but i do want a v-plow....just don't want to be broke if i get one, the wife would have a fit! My father in-law is the head of maint. at a school and he got all the plow truck v-plows cuz they work so well....thanks for the advice guys
  6. G-LSCPE

G-LSCPE Junior Member

I personally plow with the 9'2" most of the time, but my employees use the 8'2" blades. I think they are great, they stack snow so much better than a straight blade, and clean wind rows much better. Also if you ever get a bunch of snow it is easier to open a travel lane in the "V" position than a straight blade.
    One more recommendation that I will throw at you... Don't buy a Boss or any other plow if you cannot get parts close. I personally bought my Boss blades because the dealer is 5 miles from my shop, and is open 24hrs. for parts. This is very important if you handle commercial accounts, and it also helps to have the the same brand so you can interchange if necessary.
  7. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

i have an 05 8'6 super duty strait w/ curb guards installed i payed 4800 out the door