1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

corrosion prevent

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by bcbock, Dec 12, 2005.

1. bcbock

bcbock Junior Member

i got several v box spreaders and rather new trucks. any ideas on what i can spray on the undercarriage as well as the boxes to cut down on rust? We clean em up after each event and in the fall they get wire brushed, bedliner painted on bare metal and then the whole thing repainted with an
    anti-rust paint. It gets old each and every year and we've already had 3 events since Thanksgiving! Thanks in advance

2. golden arches

golden arches Senior Member

Check out Fluid Film http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=26374. This is remarkable stuff.. I sprayed the back of my truck, the wheel wells, the plow blade & the spreader.

You've got to be careful - it's still slick after weeks of being on.. Step on the wrong spot & you'll be looking at the bottom of the equipment.

3. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

You can't go wrong with soaking equipment down with diesel fuel either. Get yourself a cheap hand sprayer and go to town. You will have to reapply periodacly and hace to pressure wash well in spring but it will do the job if your diligent.

4. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

:) You can't go wrong with soaking equipment down with diesel fuel either. Get yourself a cheap hand sprayer and go to town. You will have to reapply periodacly and hace to pressure wash well in spring but it will do the job if your diligent.

5. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

One word Corrosionx

I have used it for three years now and have a two year old salt spreader that looks like its new. I spray it down after every snow, right after I wash it.

www.corrosionx.com

Good Luck Mike