1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Corroded Connectors

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by to_buy, Jan 15, 2012.

1. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

Nothing gets me more pissed off then when the vendors that install our plows don't put any dielectric grease in the headlight connectors and the all get water and short out and rot. Please put Dielectric grease on the connector when you install the plows or the connector used to mount them.
  2. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

it's called maintenance:mechanic:
  3. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

Maintenance and don't let vendors install plows. I work for a transportation company and we are not allowed to install plow and salter spreaders on brand new vehicles. They have to be outfitted when we accept the new vehicles. Thats where the hacking the harnesses come in to play.
  4. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

first thing I did when I bought my new plow was pulle the cover and light plugs to put dielectic greas on alll connections. learned the hard way with my boss from 06 when i had to replace the harness due to corrosion last year...