1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

correct track wheel spacers?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by johngus, Apr 20, 2003.

1. johngus

johngus Senior Member

i was thinking of these for my 99 Sub. 2500.anyone use these or know anyone who has?it says it will make the front and rear wheels line up properly.not cheap though,the kit is $350.what do you guys think?
  2. DrMaserati

DrMaserati Junior Member

OK, here is what I “think.”

When you read their website one of the first things you read is how this is a “little-known problem.” Isn’t it amazing how they have miraculously discovered this “little-known problem,” while the major automotive engineers have missed it. A red flag should go up immediately.

Then they say “This problem MAY be a contributing cause in the increased rollover rate.” Notice that they don’t state that it IS. Note that it doesn’t even suggest that it is the CAUSE of the “problem,” but only a CONTRIBUTING cause, and then only maybe. What all this means is that they have no proof, and probably not even a shred of evidence that it has anything to do with this “problem.” But most people will read that statement and immediately believe there is a problem, and here is a cure.

It is very easy to test a vehicle for stability on a track or a test pad. They provide NO data to show that these things have been tested, such as before and after data on stability. Where are the numbers? How much do these lower the center of gravity? How much increased lateral g-force before the vehicle loses stability? The only evidence they provide to support their claims is a number of customer testimonials. And testimonials DO NOT constitute evidence.

Now when you add all this stuff up, what does it come to?

SNAKE OIL! And very expensive snake oil.

Kind of like the baldness cures, and all the other miraculous discoveries advertised on late night TV.

If you want to widen the stance of your vehicle at the rear axle, buy two new wheels with decreased backspacing. They’re widely available, and in my opinion a much better option.
  3. wyldman

wyldman Member

That would be a better soulution,instead of the wheel spacers.

Is it really that big of a deal though ? GM designed it that way,and it doesn't really cause any problems,so why not leave it as intended.