1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Correct Mounting of Buyers TGS05

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by jordanhallllc, Dec 17, 2009.

1. jordanhallllc

jordanhallllc Junior Member

Gentlemen I have a buyers TGS05 and currently it is mounted in the Reciever Hitch ONLY and I have several ratchet straps for extra support. The hopper holds over 800lbs of salt, is this too much weight for the reciever hitch? I own a 30 foot boat and I believe the weight on the hitchs is around 600lbs. Thoughts?

2007 GMC 2500HD 8 Meyers C plow
    2003 GMC 1500 7 fisher MM1
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

i believe they intended a upper mount to span the top of the bed side's to help with the load and stability .made out of tubing or angle :)
  3. jordanhallllc

jordanhallllc Junior Member

Buyers TGS05

Thanks, I looked at the manual online and saw that to, I am not sure how much support it would add to the vertical load however. And of course I like the ease of unhooking it from the reciever hitch quickly. I guess you can't have it all.