1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

corporate condo units

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by downrigger, Oct 26, 2010.

1. downrigger

downrigger Junior Member

Good morning, I am looking at acting as a sub for a 81 unit higher end corporate condo complex broken up into about 5 seperate corporations. I will have a skid steer parked on site for the winter to take care of the driveways and the main roadways will be handled with a truck and blade. If this contract is worth a total of $60K for the winter portion, what can i expect to receive as the sub? I will be making all of the decisions as to when pushes occur as well as all salting, meaning that the owner of the contract will not be calling me, I will be doing all of the inspections. Any advice would be very helpful,

Thanks.

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

First off change your location to an actual location, not turf maintenance. I don't answer questions today for those I'm bidding against tomorrow. Not trying to be rude, just a fact, I believe most feel the same if you want truthful answers.

3. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

I believe its the first time I am able to say this, and I say it proudly as those before me have said it to me.

search.

you will find the same responses over and over again to a question just like this. "How much should I charge......." You the sub need to get as much as it takes to fill the monetary needs of your business and give you enough water to take the meds for your headaches. And pay for the meds....etc. add it up. Thats what you need.

If you are looking for a place to bounce ideas around then you have found the right place. I do agree with the need for location though especially being in commercial as you are.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  4. downrigger

downrigger Junior Member

Thanks for the feedback.

5. vinces designs

vinces designs Junior Member

do you currently have any idea of how long it is going to take to plow? How long are you required to be ON site or is this your only job? What is the average amount of times you have to plow in a given season- based upon the total number of service trips over the last three to five years. what is your average temp, how long do you consider the winter season 5 months- 6months? Look at your weather history the average lows and highs, If its above 40 during the day and below 30 at night you will have to spot check for icy conditions. Figure all this out and multiply by the hourly figure you would like to make or have agreed upon with the company your subbing for. Make sure you put 30-40% away for taxes.