1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Corner marker strobes

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by BossC/K1500, Oct 28, 2005.

1. BossC/K1500

BossC/K1500 Junior Member

Anyone self installed a power supply and strobes for corner lights? I have seen whelen or Sho-me brand for couple hundred instead of 500 from a plow shop installed. Any advice?

2. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

Very straight forward and easy. Do it yourself and save a couple hundred.

3. Olderthandirt

Olderthandirt Member

The Sho-me are easy ---------well at least not worth paying someone to do. just takes a little time to route wires for the controller

4. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

I have a Whelen CSP-690. Very bright. Not too hard to install. Basic wiring knowledeg is needed. If not, let us know and we can walk you through it.

Flykelly also just installed a set. I don't think he had any problems.

5. Blackwin

Blackwin Member

I installed a set of Whelen's. Very easy job me and my brother did the install in less than an hour.

6. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I've used a 4-way from this company; http://strobeguy.safeshopper.com/44/1915.htm?420
    The kit use to sell to hide-away bulbs and the two that are shown. Very bright!

It's been in my truck since '97. With any of the systems make sure you seal all the connectors. Any drop of water will cause the safety cirucuit to shut down until they dry again. A little bit of silicone smeared around all connectors does the trick.

7. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Boss I did my own and there is a thread with pictures on my 05 chevy. Not a real tough job.

Good Luck Mike

8. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

i just installed a 90w in my dodge and i love them but when we install them in my brothers truck in like a week i wont put them in the reverse lights like on my truck i think i may cause an accident instead of preventing one

9. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD