1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Copy of acquisition letter?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Camden, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

The other day I bought out a competitor and now I'd like to send out an introduction letter. I'm not much of a wordsmith when it comes to things like that.

Do any of you have a copy of something that I can model my letter from? I called Paul V and his copies are in French and that won't work cuz I failed French class in high school.

Your help is appreciated. :drinkup:

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Use his copy and put it in a word document. Translate it from there.

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

You must be somewhat of a wordsmith because you didn't get your wife with your looks. :D

4. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Ouch. :gunsfiring:

5. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

I recently bought out another contractor. He actually sent out a really nice brief letter.

The time has come for me to sell my business due to my wife and I having our 3rd child and moving to an acreage outside of town. As part of my life simplification project, I am retiring from the snow removal and lawn care.

Fortunately for my customers and I, I have a fellow contractor who is expanding his business this year. I feel completely at ease turning my snow removal customers over to him because he has over 20 years experience and only the top of the line equipment and staff, all skilled and experienced at what they do. His name is ............ and I am going to CC this email to him and give him your contact information.

I strongly suggest you hire Ryan to take care of your snow removal needs, as I don't know of a better option for you out there in today's economy. Ryan will provide you the perfect balance between quality and value, as many of these newer, unexperienced companies cannot do. Myself and many of my former employees are going to work for Ryan, so I will be able to inform him of the details of my customers' properties to ensure a smooth transition for you.

As long as you hire Ryan you will not notice an interruption in service, only the name and address of your contractor will change. Please call if you have any questions or concerns at all and thank you for the years of loyalty and a great business relationship.

His letter made my job much easier. I retained all but one account, and even tried dumping a few but they were persistent to have me continue the services even though I said I would have to raise their rates. (He was a little low on a few so I raised the prices.)

6. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I didn't know Word could do that. What are the steps?

Like you should be the one talking :rolleyes:

:drinkup:

Thank you :salute: I'm going to use a lot of that since the guy I bought out wants me to create his letter too.

7. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Hi,

ME Roy. Old Guy Dun Wit U. U be ME Customer Now. U pay ME now. Questions U ask ME = Big Club U Head.

Roy.

:drinkup

8. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I would love to be able to walk you though step by step, but to tell the truth I don't know how to do it. I have word 2007 on my computer, and it has a review button. Under that button, it have an option for different languages. I have never used it, but I'm sure if you messed with that a bit, it should work for you. If Word can't do it, there are several free translation services on the internet you can use as well.

9. jay33

jay33 Junior Member
    from Detroit

new letter

If you e-mail me a copy of the letter I can make any changes you need for it. I can check for grammar and spelling, also.

avgjay at Y----A------H-----O-------O------ dot kom

As long as you're not in a huge rush I can have it ready for you by Monday noonish...

10. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks a lot for the offer :salute: The letter I created was sent out last week. So far no one has called to cancel service so I must've done something right :drinkup:

11. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

How many accounts was it Roy?