1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cooter - Box Ends - go for it

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by sweetlou48096, Jan 6, 2008.

1. sweetlou48096

sweetlou48096 Junior Member
    from 48096

I have them on my 8' C-PLow which turns it into an 8'-6" to an 8'-8"inch because they spread out with the spring action on them and thats what you want. You don't want something that is SOLIDLY ATTACHED to your pushing blade. Weakest part of any
    plow is the outer edges to start with. With HINIKERS design, if you hit something hard,
    the springs give to a point, and then the soft grade bolt/pin will snap off before anything
    happens to the blade. New Years Day I pushed 2'ft. piles of snow at our school bus yard
    facility 400 feet long with my 2500HD chevy and outpushed a C6500 with a 9'ft plow by
    almost 70%. The head mechanic said twice as much, but I know better.
    YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT AND WITHOUT A DOUBT,
    WORTH THE INVESTMENT, MINE WERE $245.00

Well, good luck, hope my imput helped you.

2. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Hey thanks for the info. At that price that ain't half bad. U can still use the convertible function with these on cant u? Also how hard are they to install and remove?