1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cooper winter tires, best ever?????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by quincy33, Feb 13, 2004.

1. quincy33

quincy33 Member
    from toronto

I bought Cooper winter tires for my 93 2wd chevy for sidewalk crew, I can't believe how good they are. I would do acommercial for Cooper, that's how impressed I am, any one agree, disagree?

2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

What model, Size, etc Copper tires???? Chuck

3. quincy33

quincy33 Member
    from toronto

lawnmedic, there 235-75-15 with regular rims, there actually Hercules tires owned by Cooper, i think they are called Polars, but i could be wrong, all i know is i can't even do fishtails if i wanted to. I don't even have to have salt or snowblowers in the back fro traction. I really can't believe how good they are!!!

4. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Polars ?? I will have to check them out... The duramax is due for new tires...Chuck

5. quincy33

quincy33 Member
    from toronto

Check out tirerack.com, excellent web site. remember these are winter tires, if you want all-season, there are lots of good ones like Yokohama Geolanders or BF Goodrich.

6. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

I always check out specs at tire rack then get my local dealer to match it...Chuck

7. ClintSinger

ClintSinger Junior Member

Hercules makes very good tires,we have Terra Trac AW tires on our 98 GMC and we found that they are really excellent for plowing and have lasted a long time.

8. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i have always saod copper stt are the best