1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cooper Tires for Plowing??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by brohnson, Nov 18, 2014.

1. brohnson

brohnson Junior Member

I don't want to start a tire bashing brand thing here as I am pretty set on wanting Cooper tires as we use them on our 911 Emergency rigs so I know they do good but obviously we don't plow with them so my question is what do you think the best plow tire would be for me....

Cooper Discoverer AT3

Cooper ST/Maxx

Cooper Discoverer CTS which I cant find much reviews on with people plowing with them but I know they get around great in the snow.

Thanks for all your help guys!

2. CELandscapes

CELandscapes Senior Member

I have at3's on my truck. They work great I've never been stuck and almost never have to plow in 4x4.

3. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

If you've gotta have a Cooper tire, and you want the best one for plowing, then it's going to be a Discoverer M & S... It's the only snow tire in their light truck line up.

4. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

Ya , Cooper Discoverer M & S , have used them for years as dedicated snow tire on plow truck . Thumbs Up

5. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

I have the cooper at3 and it is a great tire, excellent tread wear and good road manners, but pales in comparison in the winter to my winterforce or cooper winter tires.

6. allseasons87

allseasons87 Senior Member

I have cooper pathfinders on one of our trucks and they did great this last event.

7. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Vote for Cooper M&S. Studded if you want even better traction.

8. blizzardsnow

blizzardsnow Member

AT3 is a good tire. I'd buy them again.

9. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

as you've already heard, the M&S is the tire to get. i have a dedicated set i run only in the winter and with studs, they are unstoppable.

cooper.JPG

10. shane-pa

shane-pa Junior Member

just don't run them year round. I did and only got about 12k on them. they are shot.

11. NThill93

NThill93 Member

my dads got at3's on his ram and they work good for plowing he doesnt get stuck often with them and they work good for towing in the summer