1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cooper STT air pressures?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by yellowshirt, Jan 17, 2012.

1. yellowshirt

yellowshirt Junior Member

I'm new to this site,,, I just bought a set of Cooper STT tires for my 99 2500 Chevy. I'm using a Boss 8'6" straight blade. I started at 60 psi in the front and 55 psi in the rear,, truck is fairly stiff,,just wondering how soft I can run these tires without premature wear? Softened them to 55 psi in the front and 50 in the rear,, seamed to help the ride some,, still think I can soften them up a little yet but like I said I don't want to run them to soft and cup them or wear them prematurely,,, any advice would be greatly apperiated.
  2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I ran my cooper st at 80psi front and back all year round. I got 40K out of mine which is good for 3 years of plowing and hauling a trailer all summer. The truck drives better IMO.
  3. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

i run 60-65 #'s...are you using counterweight in the bed?
  4. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

I keep my tires around 72 all year
  5. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

summer 80 back 70 front winter 80 front 70 back