1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cooper M&S

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 95supra, Nov 27, 2004.

1. 95supra

95supra Junior Member

Does anyone run these year round? Just wondering how much noise these make and how do they wear if driven all year.

2. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

I had Cooper M+S tires put on about 1 1/2 months ago. They don't make much noise at all unless you have them studded. There is alittle vibration from them in the first 1,000 miles when the truck is empty (no plow or weight in the bed).

I had mine on the last truck I had from October - June with no problems. Sold the truck, but if I kept it they would have stayed on.

I don't think you'll have any problems.

3. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

My '03 superduty came stock with firestones.After one storm I swapped them out for the Coopers.I never have any traction problems on any surface, and in rain I do not hydroplane like with the firestones. Theonly issue I have is the sidewalls look wavy to me.Looks like tey are starting to flex to much or someting.they are load range E so I would think they can handle the weight.

4. c.t. lawn care

c.t. lawn care Senior Member

You will get a little noise form them, but then again they are not car tires. THey are truck tires made for traction. i have them on my trucks and i never have a traction issue, and the noise is not bad just a little hum, but you would get that from just about any good truck tire! good luck with ur decision.

5. 94Yota

94Yota Junior Member

Thanks guys! I think I am going with these tires next week. I was just quoted a price of $300 for all 4. I thought that was a damn good price for these.

6. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

WOW thats a good price!!

Mine were $135 each installed + tax + tire disposal fee.. = $595.38
    Size- 265/75/16 E Load

7. jimsmowin

jimsmowin Senior Member

have 6 mounted on 1 ton gmc dump runthem year round about the best tire i've ever used and thats a super price mine were $125 ea. x 6 ouch well worth it they've run in some hefty snows 1-2.5 ft. no chains

8. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

$75 apiece??? What size and where? I put 6 on my DRW one ton three years ago. Cost a little over $800.

9. DropPlow

DropPlow Junior Member

Hello. I have a heavy diesel (Ram 2500 Quad) and when I first got the Coopers it was like night and day compared to the wider, stock Michelins. I could go anywhere. When I put 'em on I had expected to get summer wheels/tires and use the Coopers as a dedicated snow but finances/life dictated that they be year round. I was not happy with the wear at all. The diesel is not nice to softer compound tires.
    I now have summer tires/wheels and don't know if I'll trust what's left of the Coopers to last all winter. I only have 15,500 miles on 'em and they're iffy at best. I paid +/- 105/ea. + mt/bal/tx/disposal.
    I'll be trying the BFG Comm T/A tractions next. The T/A all seasons come w/a 50k warranty but the ad for the T/A tractions doesn't mention a warranty. :(

10. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

coopers

I just put LT265/75R/17E 10 ply Cooper Discover M+S @ $172 Each. They have awesome grip, no hydro, little noise. Great tire.

11. nysnowman

nysnowman Junior Member

I just put on my second set a week ago.I got about 1 year out of mine,thats about 20-25000 miles .The fronts were wore out running them all summer,but the back 4 wore great.Im going to try and run those back ones next summer.By far the best tire i have ever had,and Ive bought tires every year for the past ten years.Cost was $835 for 6.

12. 94Yota

94Yota Junior Member

I'm running a smaller rig than most of you guys..1994 Toyota 4x4. The tires are 235/75/15 mounted on American Racing outlaws. I was quoted that price by www.moorestiresales.com/tire/Locations.cfm. I work for a company right next door to the store and never knew that we get discounts on tires from them :yow!: purplebou