1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cooper dominator tires?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by terrapro, Dec 1, 2008.

1. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

cooper dominators, has anyone run these tires? new and installed i can get them for $570.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I haven't, but they are probably a real good A/T tire.

If your looking for a snow tire, go cooper discoverer m+s.

I have those with studs and they perform VERY well.

3. terrapro

from MI

new and installed for the cooper m+s 245x75 on 16's are $645, is that a good price?

4. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

5. terrapro

from MI

i saw that link also. i think ill go with the m+s's or the atr's.

6. csx5197

csx5197 Senior Member

My dad just got Blizzaks on his truck, seem to work pretty well. But we used to use the Cooper M+S, I liked them alot

7. MileHigh

I think that's about what I paid for them...

Good wear, Excellent traction.

8. terrapro

from MI

:bluebounc wow, it is like someone has shown me the light. these cooper M+S's are amazing. i plowed out a couple relatives after i had them put on......in 2wheel drive! that is the first time i have ever done that.

final verdict on cooper M+S's, if you dont own them buy them now.

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

That's almost $300 cheaper than what I was quoted. Make sure they are LT's not P rated. I have only heard good things about them. I am going to run Mastercraft Courser MSR. Almost identical tread pattern, much better price.

10. terrapro

from MI

i triple checked to make sure. i asked the guy at the tire place twice and i checked myself afterwards. they are LT, load E and 10ply.

very well worth the money, i will recommend to everyone.

11. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Wow, This is so coincidental. I just ordered the Cooper ST's yesterday, and they will be here today. Actually, I have a friend that put Mastercrafts on 4 of his trucks, and he absolutely loves them. He has the MastercraftCT-C's though, that are actually closer to the Cooper ST's that I am getting. The Coopers were about $50 higher for the set out the door ($656), but I am thinking that the Mastercrafts might be a bit softer of a tire, since some of his are a bit worn and are only about a year old (granted, they get alot of miles on them all year round).
    Those M+S's sure look loke a nice tire also, though. And according to the chart on the website, they are actually better in snow than the ST's that I am getting. One thing you have to realize, is that bigger and knobbier lugs, though looking like the more aggressive treads, may not be the best in the snow. The tire has to have the ability to clean itself out as it turns and goes. This may very well be the example with these tires. the ones that you guys have may very well be better for our purposes than the ones I am getting (not to mention quieter). Darn, now as I am writing this, you guys got me thinking twice about these. Thanks alot, guys!:rolleyes:

12. terrapro

from MI

runner some of the lugs are actually angled downward like a pyramid with its top chopped off so they clean very well. they are also very siped.

my route was full but now i am considering picking up a few more drives or a small commercial because not only am i now more efficient when plowing but my travel time inbetween has hastened.

13. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Oh, you mean on the Dominator tires?

14. terrapro

from MI

no, i ended up getting the cooper discoverer M+S tires not the dominators. after seeing the dominators in person i was not impressed.

if you can compare the discover M+S's to the tires you are going to get you will see why they are better in snow/ice. everything is siped, ridges on all the lugs. its almost ridiculous looking but it works great.

15. MileHigh

Glad you like them terrapro...