1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cooper Discoverer M+S ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by The Lone Plower, Sep 13, 2010.

1. The Lone Plower

The Lone Plower Member

So after ready many threads on snow tires, I decided on the Cooper M+S. I wanted the 265/75/16, E load.

Soooo, I went to my local tire dealer today, and they tell me Cooper has discountinued the M+S series. Anyone know if this is true?

I asked for the Mastercraft Courser MSRs, but they said they wouldn't have any until mid October or later.

Of course, they suggested the Michilen LTX with the Green X technologu as a substitute. But at $239 a tire, I decided to hold off for the moment.

I think the guy was givin me a line of BS on the Coopers and MCrafts. Dunno... ?

2. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

I dont know but the Coopers up here in the north country had a great reputation...I just googled Cooper M&S and a ton of online tire stores are still listing them.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  3. The Lone Plower

The Lone Plower Member

I found them online too. I asked him if he was sure they were discontinued... he said yes. ANd now that I've thought of it more, maybe I misunderstood and he meant their particular chain of stores was not carrying them anymore.

I haven't checked other dealers in my area yet.

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  5. tracerich

tracerich Member
    from Earth

$143 wholesale from my distributor, which claims to be the largest Cooper Distributor in North America. And they have hundreds of them.

6. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Had a set of Cooper Discoverer M + S 245/75/16 E, They are sold as Cooper Discoverer ST. Nice tread. The last set I got 85,000 miles out of them. Bought them at Farm & Fleet

7. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

can you get me 6 of them for $143 each.

8. ohiogreenworks

ohiogreenworks Senior Member

The coopers are the best winter tire I've ever experienced! We just bought some for the 98 and had to wait almost 2 months to get them because they were on "backorder"? So if you are thinking about getting some before winter, don't wait too long:D

9. The Lone Plower

The Lone Plower Member

I'm sure the M+S and STs are different tires. F&F was the ones that said the M+S were discontinued. I haven't had time to check other dealers in my area yet.

That's why I was trying to get them now. Trying to beat the fall rush, and didn't want to get caught without because stock was depleted.

On the other hand now, I just found another truck yesterday. If I buy it, it will end up being my plow truck. They said it had new snow tires put on last fall... so we'll see.

10. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

When I went to buy them they told me the same thing, Cooper Discoverer M+S, have been discontinued. So I went back to the tire rack to check out these new Cooper Discoverer S/T tires, and guess what? Cooper Discoverer M + S 245/75/16 E S/T ( stamped right on the tire), same tread design, same M+S, its just that they added the S/T.