1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cooper Discoverer AT vs ATR

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Exciteable, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Exciteable

Exciteable Member

Have to go get a new set of tires for my 2001 Dodge 2500.
    Currently running Cooper Discoverer AT.
    Great tire in the snow, for plowing, etc.

Now I see the have a Cooper Discoverer ATR on the market, it's a little bit different tread design, maybe even a little bit "beefier".

Anyone running these out here ? And if so, how have they been?

2. lamarbur

lamarbur Senior Member

just got a set installed last week..not sure yet as the truck wnaders now on the interstate, never did that before... It is a "beefy tire" I have an 01 Dodge HO diesel..
  3. Exciteable

Exciteable Member

Well, no replies except one so far, and thank you...
    Going to Belle Tire this afternoon to get a set of the ATRs.
    $683.86 mounted balanced tax etc.
    Heading up north on a holiday trip Wednesday 600+ miles thru some pretty intense lake effect and I want some good tires.
    The ATs i'm running now I could get the rest of the winter out of if needed, but I figure better safe than sorry.
  4. ToolMaker

ToolMaker Member

I had Cooper L/T before this set I have now, I have 285/75R16 Cooper S/T now and they rock . They are a little noisy compared to the L/T but not bad . I would get them again .