1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cooper atw review

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by slplow, Feb 11, 2016.

1. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

This year cooper came out with a new tire, the atw (all terrain winter). It's a all season tire rated for heavy snow. After I got a few storms in them I got to say they work great. They do very well in wet and handle very good on dry.
    On down side I did loose a about 1 mpg with them compared to the firecraps lts that came with my ram.
    I'll will keep the the firestone for summer till they run out of tread.

2. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

The firestone winterforce LTs I recently put on the F250 work superb. Time will tell if they wear out at 24k miles like the transfarce LTs.

3. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Can you show a picture of them , just got some cooper at 3s and never saw the tires your talking about at the tire shop I went to .

4. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

I run all cooper's all the time. Atp at3 hts, I get 50-60k out of all of them. My atp were tracking to close to 70k before I sold that truck. They've all been beasts in the snow too.

5. ktfbgb

ktfbgb Senior Member

Wow you got 24k out of the transforce? I got 10k out of mine. But then again we have really crappy roads and I pull a trailer 5 days a week. I put a set of Hercules on mine. The tire store sold me on them. They are a commercial traction tire with a good tread. They are heavily siped so I get good snow traction. They are designed for high torque diesel trucks and are holding up great. The guys at the tire shop said they are made in the same place as the coopers on the same equipment but they were cheaper than the coopers.

6. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I run winterforce on my truck and I really like them. Mine are on their third season and they still look new

7. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo