1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rgjlawn, Dec 4, 2004.

1. rgjlawn

rgjlawn Member

check out this driveway machine :gunsfiring: :gunsfiring:
  2. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Dude, that's SLICK!

Any more pics?
  3. rgjlawn

rgjlawn Member

this machine should kick :cool: heat, air, am/fm/cd all the goodies plus 6 strobe we had installed, 4 in front and 2 in the rear lights.
  4. smiti105

smiti105 Member

5. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

Did you get the high flow and turbo version? Also, have you done any research into a blower unit? I have been waiting for my Toolcat to be delivered for almost a month. It should be here in the next few days.
  6. Foz

Foz Senior Member

Nice looking machine, been waiting on ours since we ordered in September. It has been built & loaded, hoping for delivery on Monday. We are planning to use ours for a sidewalk machine.
  7. rgjlawn

rgjlawn Member

everything but the high flow i had an 84'' blower from bobcat but sold it back to them around here snow is 2-7'' plows are alot faster. monday our new 300 should be here it loaded out friday we will put 8' pro on that also. we also plow with 2 2004hds with pro plows and one 2000 650 :gunsfiring: ford with 10' v-boss, all we need is snow/ :gunsfiring:
  8. rgjlawn

rgjlawn Member

it took us 14 days from the time we order it until we had it. new 300 here monday will be 12 days from order.
  9. Foz

Foz Senior Member

I guess the problem was the factory didn't start making high flow/turbo machines until November?
  10. timm9

timm9 Senior Member

Seems like a few of us have been waiting a while....
  11. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

My friend's company was probably the first in the Niagara Region to have one (some time last year). Machine is very handy, but watch for loose pieces. Their left-rear wheel, hub and all, fell right off the machine in the middle of a grape row during harvest..... :eek:
  12. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

If you don't mind me asking how much did that cost?
    Looks good :drinkup:
  13. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Only thing missing from that picture is some snow! Sweet rig!

14. rgjlawn

rgjlawn Member

40 grand as you see it :cry: :cry:
  15. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

Is the toolcat "road legal" if registered as a tractor? Similar to registering a bucket loader I would guess.

Extremely cool rig.
  16. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. Member
    from Pa.

That is a sweet looking rig you got there. I am curious if that would be road legal or not?
  17. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

UAF bought one of those this summer for Toolik field station. They used it this summer to haul around junk and handle freight using forks. They also have a plow for moving a little snow around in the winter. I saw two big problems with it. The first being that the visibility for handling freight is terrible. Stabbing pallets at ground level is OK but at trailer deck height the fork frame is totally in the way so the operator cannot see anything. It is a total necessity to have a spotter or the freight is going to end up damaged. The other problem is the hydraulics and the drive clutch are way to sensitive. The clutch is automatic such as you would find on a snow machine and it does not allow for small movements. Give it some gas and you are going somewhere now. 2" is not an option. The hydraulics are the same way-way too touchy for freight. Down is down right now in a hurry. Now on the other hand I think it would be a wonderful machine for plowing snow or with a bucket doing some landscaping. I am just sharing the downside I saw this summer in-case someone was thinking about one with a set of forks.