1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Coolant resivoir level?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mkwl, Nov 5, 2007.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

How full should the coolant resivoir be in my 03 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L gas? It's about 3/4 of an inch above the middle of the resivior- is it jsut right or should I add to bring the level up? I couldn't find any marks indicating where it should be. BTW- does anyone know what the shelf life of antifreeze (coolant) is?

Thanks, Matt
  2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

It must say somewhere on how full you want it. My 98 clearly says HOT and COLD right on the front of the tank.
  3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

i have a 2001 2500hd 6.0 it has been about 1" above the center divider in the tank and have had no problems if it goes much below center your check coolant light in the information center will light up .
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

On the 99-up Silverado's, the seam in the middle of the tank is your "full cold" mark. If you look closley at the side of the tank facing the engine, it will say it right above the seam, with an arrow pointing at the seam.