1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cool weather shots today.. 13,000 feet

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by chtucker, Nov 2, 2003.

1. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Did last minute work on a radio site that I am working on today... won't be able to drive to the site until next July.

2. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Nice pics Howard. Very interesting looking cloud cover.

3. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

I was scared to DEATH on every single switch back (I wasn't driving) But the weather was fun to watch.
  4. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Cool pics Howard.

The second pic caught my eye...

Were these taken from Mosquito Pass? If so, I was there last July. I took that road that goes from Leadville to Fairplay. Bumpy ride in a 3/4 ton:)

Here's a pic I took that looks very similar to your second pic:

5. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Yes it is... and at the bottom of mosquito pass is my Brewpub:drinkup: in Leadville
  6. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

After going back and forth between our pics THAT IS DAM FREAKY!!!!!! THAT PICTURE IS FRAMED ALMOST EXACTLY ALIKE!

alll I can say is :eek:

7. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Yea they are like from the identical spot. But the Clouds in your picture look more promising 0ryan0.

8. 1lola1

1lola1 Junior Member

Those are awesome pictures...
  9. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Really cool pictures. great shots of nature:)
  10. windmill

windmill Senior Member

Those are great pics. It seems as though the July picture doesn't have the electrical lines in it, were they there when OryanO took his shot?
  11. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

If you look in the bottom right corner, just to the left of the road, you can make out a few poles. I think the two pictures were taken about 15° or so apart.

That is both cool, and kinda weird. Cool because its so beautiful, I lived in the mountains of CA for some time growing up, it looked very similar. Weird because these two people were in the same place and just happened to post pictures of it, and be on this same forum. I think that's really weird, kinda like, what're the odds!! Definately cool pictures, the mountains are always very beautiful, snow covered or not. Too bad there are no mountains bigger than mole hills here in IL. :(
  12. landscaper3

landscaper3 Senior Member

You know have entered the twighlight zone!
    Unreal how you guys took almost the exact same pic!
  13. szorno

szorno Senior Member

Here is a pic taken Oct 12 of the other side of Mosquito pass. This is just outside Alma, CO, looking right up the pass.

mosquito pass.jpg