1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cool video

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Jan 27, 2007.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

2. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

I watched that twice. What the heck were they doing? Hauling it off? :eek:
  3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

That was some what interesting.
  4. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

One word Outstanding
  5. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

I watch them do that in Montreal many years ago, but I think they were much quicker.
  6. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

They do that here in Fargo in the downtown area. Windrow it to the center and then blow it into the back of trucks. It looks like these guys did alot of screwing around though. Wish I guy could slow it down a bit when they where working by the camra so you could see what they where doing a little better.
  7. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

I live in that city (Cedarburg) and its a major tourist town. Every couple times it snows they remove all of the snow from the main street (Washington Ave). The video is decieving becuase Washington ave is a LONG straight shot that they haul all the snow from
  8. oman1999

oman1999 Senior Member

I live near Beloit, WI and they do the same things downtown. Nowhere to push the snow and no way of knowing if it will melt before the next major snow event.

It takes a while to do a good job but imagine the amount of snow they are moving. Probably tens if not hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Then they dump it in the river here. Or they haul it off for ice sculpting contests at Sinnissippi Park in Rockford, IL.
  9. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

Man, talk about a chinese fire drill. Snow removal from downtown areas is quite common in the metro Boston area, Usually after every major snow event (12" or more). Most of the time it is done with 2 or 3 smaller pieces of equipment and a several flunkies with shovels clearing the snow off the sidewalks and into the gutter for the snow-blower to load into trucks. Up one side and down the other, much more efficient than the disaster shown in the video.
  10. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Hot bad 2 minutes and 3 seconds and there gone.:D

11. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

When the bank gets too large on the main roads around here they just use the snowblower on the side of the road and put it into trucks. Seems like more work to bring it into the middle of the street then blow it into trucks?
  12. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

looks like the trucks were going wark speed when they started coming at you. lol. did anyone see the plow truck with the head light out?
  13. it's a major tourist town? I've never even heard of it, what is there?! lol But that was pretty interesting to say the least. Yeah why didn't they use the giant snowblower and go along each curb instead to moving the snow 18 times? Ahhhh, taxpayers money hard at work! lol :dizzy:
  14. dbdrgr150

dbdrgr150 Member

my guess would be because they get paid by the hour?
  15. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

I am real close to Cedarburg. They are getting paid by the hour guys. payup
  16. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

I grew up in Cedarburg and now live in the town, they are paid by the hour but the video is decieving... Thats Washington Ave and its actualy quiet long, they still look like they were horsing around tho!
  17. mojob

mojob Member

Why do people live where it snows, if they hate snow that much to spend that kind of money to remove it. Move to Arizona for crying out load. On the other hand, it's those people that keep us in business. I guess I'm just tired of all the complaining that we're hearing here in CO wondering why the city of Denver hasn't plowed every single side street in Denver yet. They want the Mayor's head because their BMWs are having a hard time with the bumpy roads and are wondering why they don't have more plows. These are the same people who are going to complain when they buy the plows and it stops snowing. "What a waste of taxpayer's money", they'll say. People!

BIG DRIFT Member

Why didnt they just plow it to the center when it snowed??
  19. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

It would make a mess when people are driving through... they plow during the storm pushing it to the outside and then when the storm finishes they remove all the snow from the curb.

BIG DRIFT Member

I would think it would be easier to just move to the left. you are moving it to the right then left. Oh what am i thinking?? this is town thinking:salute: