1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cool Truck Wraps!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by creativedesigns, Sep 12, 2008.

1. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Here are some pics of what seems to be a recent "Trend" in Ottawa. Vinyl wraps on trucks! I think its cool:cool: advertisement, but what do you think about the cost of it?

For an F-350 extended cab dually $ 850 for the artwork, then $ 3,200 to $ 3,400 per truck!!!

What do you guys think about this? Is it worth it? Opinions please!:waving:

w6.jpg

w4.jpg

w1.jpg

w3.jpg

w5.jpg

2. creativedesigns

more..........

2594777064_77fefffd98.jpg

3. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

one thing is for sure it looks sharp! Im sure it would pay for itself rather fast though.

4. syzer

syzer Member

Im about to have this done to my little estimate car which is a Smart Passio =). Cant wait to get it moving!

5. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

I think it looks awesome , way cheaper than big yellow page ad.
    How do you keep it looking good? It has a life of 3-4 yrs.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  6. creativedesigns

There must be a wax or something to keep it from fading?

7. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

That Looks Amazing!!

8. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'll be the odd one. I don't like it.

I think it looks to "busy", sure it gets attention but do you get what it says as it goes past you? I think your normal window or door lettering is much more effective and much cheaper.

9. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Im with ya Mark.

Wraps CAN look good but I like cars/trucks too much to make them look like a circus.

10. 350-CHEVY

350-CHEVY Member

i agree

way to busy to notice what the name and number of the company even was

11. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

i agree with you too, theres way too much going on there, it was hard for me to see what the name was and such and that was just sitting there looking at a pic not even driving by... also seems to be a waste of money, id rather get lettering done on a truck with a logo and have it be simple and look 'cleaner' and easier for customers to recognize and read. . . the only thing i like vinyl wraps on is snowmobiles, theres a company that does a lot of the sno x'ers sleds and they look hot( blair morgans honeycomb wrap, mike islands bud light wrap)

12. ch973934

ch973934 Senior Member

I think they look pretty busy too. But I do have to say Muir's Landscaping's look sweet. I would have to say those are the only ones I do like a lot.

CH

13. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I like them best on trailers........I've seen some really good wraps on trucks. But IMO, those are WAY to busy.

14. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Since I can't edit my first post, the prebbel f150 doesn't look half bad, the landscaping ones are the ones I don't like.

15. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i for one like it!

it's not necessarily "reading" the advertisement that a customer need's to do, most of the time it is name reorganization or in this case logo familiarity.

PJ

16. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

THe louder the better! when you do it you need for evryone to notice it

17. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It would be cheaper to hire some hot blonde to ride around topless in your truck. Now that will get you some attention.:D

18. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

19. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

20. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

tymusicI am with everybody on this one I like it simple and to the point,they are very busy.But everybody has there own opinion.