1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cool Simple BackUp Light

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Grn Mtn, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Check out page 59 of Sept '05 Snow Magazine. The product is the Night Buster trailer hitch accessory light This thing looks really cool and super simple.

2. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

How does one subscribe to this magaznie?

3. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

you can find it a www.snowmagazine.com i thing its free but you havta get somewere like the nickle add's

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i saw that im buying that light

5. Grn Mtn

how could you not for only $20

6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

they dont have a website does anyone have it

7. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

I just hope that doesnt get crushed when backing into snowbanks...

8. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

If it sounds that cool & that simple it most likely will! :nono:

9. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

I had white White Night Backup Lights...ripped them off during the first real snow last year...and I wasn't plowing.

10. Grn Mtn

11. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

12. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I just ordered mine.

A local guy who has a fleet of about 6 trucks. Said that I need to watch out for firehydrans, he said one of his guys backed into one and really wrecked the truck.

13. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

Half the fun is backing over snow banks !!!

14. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

I wonder if I will have any problems with my hitch mount spreader if I get this. From the picture it looks like will clear that area. Anybody have any ideas.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2005
  15. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

A local guy who has a fleet of about 6 trucks. Said that I need to watch out for firehydrans, he said one of his guys backed into one and really wrecked the truck.

He is lucky he didn't break the fire-hydrant, Then he will need a salt truck :drinkup:

16. Grn Mtn

rams harness up high

On my Ram the factory harness is in the step bumper pocket, so it should be pretty hard to hit it. I have a hitch mounted spreader and I too wonder if the frame will block the light output, not that I care though, come to think of it I have 3 tractor lights I mounted on the spreader.

17. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

18. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

Frozen01 -those look sharp, how did you wire them in?

19. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I did something a bit more complicated than most, but I here goes.

I wanted to be able to do kill two birds with one stone... brighter backup lights when needed, and possibly some work lights when needed. So I taped off the reverse light on the trailer plug and ran it up to the cab to one pole of an ON-OFF-ON switch. I then ran keyed and fused +12volts to the other position. I then ran a wire back to the lights. This allows me to have the lights on all the time, on with the factory reverse lights or off completely. I chose to tap off the trailer plug because this is a separate circuit from the normal reverse lights that way I did not have to worry about overloading the factory reverse switch circuit...

Hope this makes since...

20. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

What do you think of getting a pair of those, mounting them on magnets and wiring them to a 7-pin plug...to be used only for plaowing. I figure that I could drop them right in the step of the bumper and throw them in the bed box when I'm not using them.