1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cool school bus

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Jay brown, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

had to put this up another time for all the new guys. it's from one of the local schools here.. i think they use it just to plow their lot and drive......

100_0215.JPG

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

you can fit a a hell of a lot of salt in there....payup

3. ronnie dobbs

ronnie dobbs Junior Member

No no no, it's for hauling your sidewalk crews, all 35 to 40 of them.

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Wonder if it is 4x4???? Looks like it would be a blast to plow with,lol. That def. would be a good way to haul a big sidewalk crew

5. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

sweet..............

6. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Sweet Bus....

7. chev_4x4

chev_4x4 Senior Member

It really needs to be a short bus though. That would just make more sense on so many levels.

8. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

It look slike a medium bus

9. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

That bus remember me of 88B it was worse. diesel is Ford 7.3l it so loud plus it limit 50 mph on highway. It is 1988 and use until 2003 due inspector say not safe. miles was close to 500,000 miles. It was 50 miles every day. Every time during snow you could feel bounce when try drive though 5" of snow. I miss that but wish they keep maintain on it like paint or clean stuff like rust but too late.

That bus with snowplow not be good idea why it got mpg around 8. But it good idea for pick up students plus they could clear street fast.

10. Kennedy81

Kennedy81 Senior Member

I think this one would plow better, smaller turning radius
    [​IMG]

11. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

:drinkup::drinkup:I SEE US ALL PARTYING IN THE BACK WHILE TAKING TURNS CLEARING OUR ROUTES:D:drinkup:

12. tbrownell

tbrownell Member

Here In Delton, MI the school has 2 of these. they chopped the frames and bodies and made a flatbed out of one and put a spreader on the other. on the one with the spreader they painted "the sandman" where it used to say school bus. they can push some serious snow and both have 11' blades on them.

13. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

no more snow days for the kids

14. Kennedy81

Kennedy81 Senior Member

Where are the hydrolics to lift it?

15. SteveJ

SteveJ Senior Member

Now if all schools had those, they could all plow their way to school and our kids would be a little smarter with more schooling. hahahaha I just spit all over my monitor!! LMFAO:dizzy::jester::rolleyes: