1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cool Plow!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by WOOFSPLOW, Nov 6, 2003.

WOOFSPLOW Member

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

a 24 speed tranny,just what i need,something else to think about while plowing:dizzy: :p

WOOFSPLOW Member

Good point! I don't think it has a radio either:p
  4. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

thats a sturdy lookin truck and i like it:cool:
  5. David Smith

David Smith Member

Looks awfully darn sturdy to me!
    I like it also :)
  6. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

When would that need 24 gears ......plowing while pulling a 52 ft trailer?
  7. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Thats been on ebay for a while.Unimogs are one of the tuffest trucks around the new ones go for about $120,000.They have front and rear ptos so they can run tractor attachments.Thats why theres so many gears.The lowest gear runs about 30 feet per hour!
  8. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Unimogs are like tanks ,pure power ....It probably makes a great plow:)
  9. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Ah, the unimog, so ugly it's pretty.

The 24 geared ones are designed for agricultural use in fields.

WOOFSPLOW Member

Is it manufactured by Mercedes-Benz?
  11. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

The older ones were made by MB.Now frieghtliner has taken over making them.
  12. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

I would just use it for wheeling if i had one of those Uni-mog's.
    It is in good shape though.
  13. duke

duke Junior Member

A Friend of mine plowed with a late 70s MB Uni. He was responsible for keeping 4.5 miles of road open in a NH State Park for a program that used the park all year. It was a blast to drive and plow with. The only problem he had was the 9' plow hanging off the front just about lifts the rear wheels off the ground. His solution was to put a 2000 lb granite block on the bed witch by the way dump in 3 directions. For additional weight he had a 7'5" snow blower on the back. The blower was nice for after the storm, moving banks back as needed. All and all the machine was to lite for this application, the truck would 4 wheel slide to the side when the blade would load up. A 3/4 ton P/U would have been fine, except for the blower on the back ...it was real nice for moving banks.