1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cool new highway plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by zabMasonry, Feb 23, 2009.

1. zabMasonry

zabMasonry Senior Member
    from vt

2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

That is smart!

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

They run these on the Philly turn pike or toll road. I80 I think it is
  4. 350-CHEVY

350-CHEVY Member

these have been up in canada for a couple seasons now. really good setup. use em lots on the big highways around here
  5. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

First time I ever saw one of those, its a great idea, if its durable.
  6. Doom & Gloom

Doom & Gloom Senior Member

Some of the city trucks in Akron Ohio have them and they look like they work pretty good.
  7. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Thats pretty cool.
  8. Plow Chaser

Plow Chaser PlowSite.com Addict

These flex plows have actually been around for quite a while. Frink used to make them back in the day as well. And they went out of business I believe over 15 years ago. Novel idea but they just don't seem like they would last a hard winter.
  9. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

we had one a few years ago...probably ok for plowing highways but on back country roads the one we had couldnt hold up
  10. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Cromwell conn uses them, they do a good job from what ive seen.
  11. jdxnc

jdxnc Junior Member

One of our local guys has had one on his Ford L9000 for a good 5 years plowing the highways and it still seems to be going strong. Not sure if it's a Viking, but it's very similar.
  12. Plow Chaser

Plow Chaser PlowSite.com Addict

13. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

14. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

The new Frink is American Plows.
    See the Trac series.

I spoke w/ the sales rep and he said the original Frink design is still being built in the American line.
  15. Diagonal Brace

Diagonal Brace Junior Member

Twistin and Shootin

Tenco made a version of the Twist and Chute. We have one and I believe it is pretty flimsy compared to the Cote it replaced. This photo was posted here before if I am not mistaken.