1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cool idea!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MLI, Dec 4, 2002.

1. MLI

MLI Member
    from Boston

Stopped to look at a truck for sale on the side of the road today. Twas a 90 Dodge pickup/flat bed with 8ft fisher/fisher tailgate 2 stage sander on it. The guy had a flex tube running from his exaust into the hopper of the sander(must have been frozen), any of you guys try that before? The truck had a cummings, with 140,000 on it. Price tag of 6k

2. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

My first wife had me thinking about running one into my cab.... :eek:

3. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

4. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

They use the exhaust on tandem and tri axle dumps to keep blacktop hot,i dont see why it wouldn't work?not sure how well it would work in the winter with extreme cold temps though.

5. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

My experience is diesel is only hot when working. I worked on busses. We let them idle to cool off. Then you could touch thr exhaust manifolds.

6. lol.... must be why she was a 1st :realmad: wife and not the current, or most recent wife

7. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg Senior Member

Digger- too funny!

8. stslawncare

stslawncare Senior Member

haha thats hilarious, luckly she was the first and not current

9. chrisby316

chrisby316 Senior Member

that would be a cool idea but you would have to make it so there wasn't too much back pressure on the exhaust system.