1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cool backhoe pics

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by fargotruckman, Jan 16, 2011.

1. fargotruckman

fargotruckman Member

some ways to trans port backhoe one is a semi tractor with a flat deck and one is a another typr of flatdeck and ones a beaverload a ramp to attech to a dump truck how willit attech to a dump truck the pics are from calaforna why don you se this kind of stuff in New Jersy

2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

UMMM--Can you please re-phrase in English??????????????
  3. snocrete

snocrete Banned

its cave man talk....give him a break.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Third pic is a roll off, seeing more and more around here.
  5. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

guy i know has ben doin the roll off thing for years.

he has 2 trucks i think . 2-3 full size containers with back doors. then 1-2 messed up containers purchased cheep and cut sides off and made flat beds from them with tie down points. he had a small boo boo tho few years ago. got to watch the over passes.

look in here for the pics. and ideas of how to use roll off trucks for more than dumpsters.
  6. tailboardtech

tailboardtech Senior Member

South Carroll Backhoe service has two trucks with flatbeds they use to haul them, i think i have some pics of there setup i will have to check my desktop

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

I had one like the first pic for many years. IMO they are great for owner operators (which I was). Mine was an '85 Pete 359 (not a cabover). I could carry all my buckets and a compaction wheel along with the 'hoe. It works very good when you don't have a lot of room to park (like in big cities). There were a lot of those around where I used to live (Southern CA). I used to see them as single axles too. I always prefered the stability and HP of the tandems though. Before I moved to CO I bought a dump truck and employed the use of a trailer. This gave me a little more versatility for moving somewhere and starting all over again. If I was still in CA I would still be using the carrier truck (or ramp truck) if I was still doing hourly rental.
  8. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

The trailer set up looks good, i am not a fan of that brand of trailer though.The pics where the backhoe is on the truck itself, they look kinda tall. I guess if they are under 12'6" tall at the highest point they will be ok. But i think max legal height is 12'6"

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

If memory serves, 13'-0" is max height (W/O permit) for DOT.
  10. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

Actually It's 13'6" in Michigan. I looked at a set up similar to those for my excavater, but even though my machine is not that big,it would still be way to tall for that type of hauling because the deck on the back of the truck is too tall to start with. A great way to move around if you don't need a dump truck to haul material while you are on the job. I would love to do it that way because i have been doing a lot of driving to get jobs that are almost 200 miles one way from my shop. Been making that run about 10 times a year for the last 5 years. Would be nice to have just a flat bed type truck instead of running my dump with the tag trailer. Less for the DOT to hassle me about.
  11. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

I would have to agree that I prefer not to run a trailer. When the only tractor I had was a backhoe thiswas possible. Not any more. My excavator has enough trouble making height on the trailer. No way on the back of a truck. You also just can't put 40,000# (legally) on a 3 axle truck, and length would be an issue too. Same goes for the loader too. If it was possible though, it sure would be a lot better to run 10 tires instead of the 22 on the rig I've got now.
  12. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa