1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cool 6 X 6 with Plow for sale

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by jjklongisland, Feb 23, 2012.

1. jjklongisland

jjklongisland Senior Member

2. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

M35a2 is what that's called. You're forgetting the best part, it's hydro brakes and has a gvw of under 26k. The engine also runs on anything.

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

M35A2's were AM Generals. The Kaiser would be an M185a3 as a 2.5 or XM813 as a 5 ton.

Another cool feature is they changed the bed and converted it to a dump.

My plans are to make one of these my next project, although I don't want an old truck for a few reasons. I don't want a manual trans, don't want dual tires, and prefer a Cat over the NHC250 small cam Cummins, and they're 12v.

I'd like to get an M35A3 AM General 2.5. 93/99 model. Those have 3116 Cat's with turbos, single wheels, Central air inflation systems, and they are automatics. I also have been looking at the newer model M931A1 tractor trucks with single wheels, 5 ton with Cummins NHC250, and auto's, but they're going pretty high, and again I'd like a Cat. Although the 250 Cummins turbo'd would be sweet! The tractor would be a good candidate for a frame mounted spreader. Plans would be to fab a mount and use my full size 8611 on it.

Dreaming for now, but it may become a reality before next season.

The price on the above truck is quite fair IMO.....especially with the plow and dump body!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  4. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Kaiser/Jeep made the M35A2's too. I've seen plenty at auction.

5. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

6. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

The m35A2 I drive was made by Kaiser in 1972. It is an awesome truck to run. Used as a wild land fire truck, used it to retrieve a stuck truck last summer.