1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cooiling heating system failure

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by nor'easter1, Jan 11, 2004.

1. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 Senior Member

Thought since snow might be on the way I could post this here since you all are reading. My 1996 tahoe v8 has no response when you turn on any of the heat or ac or defog dials. Have truck running for about 1/2 hour to see if it was frozen or what it could be. Any ideas hard to plow with this feature not working on the truck. Please advise
  2. PlowRider

PlowRider Junior Member

It might be your thermostat is stuck open?? Is your tempt gauge working or staying about 110 120 degrees??
  3. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

I've heard of the panel going bad (selector panel). Might want to get that checked or do it yourselve.
  4. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 Senior Member

Fixed it, the heater motor or fan is tired so I hit it and it kicked back on. It was located inside the truck on the passenger side, bring it in next week get new motor. Thanks