1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Convince me to buy a new truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dfor, Nov 5, 2003.

1. dfor

dfor PlowSite.com Veteran

I currently have a 1998 GMC K-2500 pickup with a 5.7 350. It came with an 8' Diamond plow. Its my only truck that I use for lawn service and snowplowing. 104,000 miles. I would love a new truck. Finding it hard to justify $29,000 out the dealership door. But DOWNTIME is not good in this business.

I know it ultimately my decision, but what are the pros and cons.
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2003

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

new truck

My excuse was the best financing and rebates you will ever GET P
    ERIOD!!!!!Don't look back

2003 GMC 2500HD extra-cab shorty DURAMAX/ALLISON 4x4
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2003
  3. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

Just do it:D
  4. Rippem

Rippem Junior Member

If your buying (not selling) in a down economy...you're holding all the cards! :) I've bought a truck, a new '35 powerboat, and more property @ the lowest interest rates and largest rebates I'll most likely see in my lifetime! NOW is the time! :nod:
  5. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

New Trucks

Just do it . I am lining myself up to pull the trigger :D
  6. calhoun

calhoun Senior Member

OK this should get you shopping. I am in the same situation. 97 K3500 with an 8' fisher. Now 125K miles. I wanted to replace this truck last year at 100K. I make my living with it and, your right, downtime is not good. Well I put it off. So far this year I have spent over $2500 on repairs to the truck and $500 repairs to the plow. That is about 6 monthly payments I could be making on a new rig. Up till this year truck had been golden and the plow only minor headaches. Log onto edmunds and get shopping.
  7. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

That always happens just before I buy something new :angry:
  8. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Plus any vehicle with a GVW over 6000 lbs qualifies for extra tax breaks on your year end taxes.
  9. mrzulu

mrzulu Junior Member
    from florida

bottomline... can you afford $29k?

104k miles is not much for a chevy...
    got the bux, buy!

calhoun speaks good words...

roll the dice...

if not, well...

do good maintainance...

like Murphy says...

"if it works don't fix it; if it's broke fix it"